The ALS Association Connecticut Chapter
Our Chapter offers a full range of services to guide and assist you as you learn more about ALS. Here you will find pertinent information for patients, caregivers, family members, friends and healthcare workers.
The ALS Association Connecticut Chapter is dedicated to providing patient and family support and increasing public awareness regarding ALS. The Chapter offers a comprehensive array of services for ALS patients, their family members and caregivers. We also make referrals to other agencies and groups offering ALS-related services and support. Scroll down for a complete list of chapter programs.
If you would like to register please click here for a printable registration form. Registrations means that we will send you a comprehensive information packet in the mail, you will be added to our newsletter mailing list, The Light, and you will receive ALS research updates via email.
We partner with the only ALSA Certified Center at the ALS/Neuromuscular Center at the Hospital for Special Care, in New Britain, which features a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- *NEW* Home Modification Program
- Information Library
- Equipment Loan Program
- ALS Support Groups (Click here for the Support Group Schedule)
- Family Caregiver Respite Program
- Caregiver's Dining Out Program
- Home Visits by Chapter Professional
- Augmentative Communication Devices
- Patient Transportation Program
- The Light, our chapter newsletter (click here for the most recent edition)
- Family & Children's Services
- ALS Educational Symposium
- Special Needs Fund
- Professional In-Services and Public Education
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- A separate newsletter, just for kids, called Kidsletter (click here for the most recent edition)
Our staff is here Monday through Friday to answer any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail us for more information: 877-257-2281; 203-874-5050, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com